Foreigners who meet one of the following conditions can apply for permanent residence in China:
1. The spouse of a Chinese citizen or a foreigner who has obtained permanent residence status in China, who has been married for more than 5 years, has resided in China for more than 5 consecutive years, has resided in China for at least 9 months each year, and has a stable life guarantee and domicile;
2. Unmarried children under the age of 18 turn to their parents;
3. Those who have no immediate family members outside China and have taken refuge in their immediate family members in China, who are at least 60 years old, have been in China for 5 consecutive years, have stayed in China for at least 9 months each year, and have stable living security and residence.
Materials required for foreigners to apply for permanent residence
1. Completed Application Form for Permanent Residence of Foreigners in China, 3 recent 2-inch ID photos.
2. The original and one copy of the health certificate issued by the domestic entry-exit inspection and quarantine department (or the health certificate issued by a foreign medical institution certified by the Chinese embassy or consulate abroad).
3. Original and 3 copies of valid passport and valid visa (or residence certificate).
4. The original and 3 copies of the certificate of foreign criminal record certified by the Chinese embassy/consulate abroad. The certificate shall be issued by the national competent department, and the content of the certificate shall specify the verification results of the applicant’s criminal record;
The name on the certificate must be consistent with the name on the valid passport; If the applicant has changed his name, he shall indicate his former name on the certificate;
If the applicant has lived in a country or region other than the country where the passport belongs for more than one year after reaching the age of 18, he/she shall also provide a certificate of no criminal record in that country or region.
The certificate of no criminal record shall be valid within 6 months from the date of issuance (if the time limit indicated on the certificate is less than 6 months, it shall be calculated according to the time limit indicated).
Spouses of Chinese citizens or foreigners who have obtained permanent residence in China
1. Submit marriage certificate;
2. Permanent residence certificate of Chinese spouse/Foreigner’s Permanent Residence Certificate of foreign spouse
3. Marriage certificate
4. Notarized life security certificate
5. Notarized house lease/property right certificate
Unmarried children under the age of 18
1. Birth certificate or parent-child relationship certificate
2. In the case of adoption, the adoption certificate shall be submitted
3. Permanent residence certificate of Chinese parents / Foreigner’s Permanent Residence Certificate of foreign parents
At least 60 years old, he or she is a direct family member in China
1. Certificate of permanent residence registered residence of the Chinese citizen to be trusted/Foreigner’s Permanent Residence Certificate
2. Notarized proof of kinship
3. Proof that the applicant has no direct family relationship abroad
4. Notarized proof of the person’s economic source/proof of the relative’s economic guarantee
5. House lease/ownership certificate of the trusted immediate family
1. The applicant or the parents of unmarried children under the age of 18 or the entrusted person shall apply to the public security organ of the municipal people’s government with districts in the main investment place or long-term residence place or the public security branch or county bureau of the municipality directly under the Central Government.
2. If the application is made on behalf of the principal, the power of attorney issued by the applicant shall be submitted. The power of attorney issued by the applicant abroad shall be authenticated by the Chinese embassy and consulate in that country
3. The above certificates issued by the relevant foreign institutions shall be authenticated by the Chinese embassy and consulate in the country.