Foreign citizens exempted from visas when coming to China

Everyone knows that you need a legal Chinese visa to come to China, but in fact, some foreign citizens can get a visa-free visa when they come to China.

The visa free policy can streamline the procedure and preparation time for coming to China. Check if you meet the conditions!
1. According to the bilateral agreements signed or reached between China and relevant countries, people from some countries who meet certain conditions can be exempted from visas when coming to China.
List of visa exemption agreements between China and foreign countries
2. For the aircraft and ships that take international voyage with connecting tickets, list the transit from China to third countries or regions, and stay in China for no more than 24 hours without leaving the port.
3. 72-hour and 144-hour airport transit visa-free.
More details: What is 24/72/144 hour visa-free transit in China? How to apply?
4. Group that goes to the Pearl River Delta, Hainan Island and Guilin, Guangxi
(1)Foreigners who hold ordinary passports of countries that have diplomatic relations with China and have been in Hong Kong and Macao may travel in the Pearl River Delta Area of Guangdong through a travel agency legally registered in Hong Kong and Macao, and stay for no more than 6 days, so they may be exempted from visas. (The above policies also apply to the above-mentioned groups traveling to Shantou, if they leave Shantou directly and their activities do not exceed the administrative area of Shantou.)
(2)Citizens of the following countries who travel to Hainan with ordinary passports are received by travel agencies established in Hainan, and can enter the country without visas from Hainan’s open ports and stay in the administrative area of Hainan Province for 30 days.
Russia, Britain, France, Germany, Ukraine, Italy, Norway, Austria, Finland, Denmark, Netherlands, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Belgium, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Latvia, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, South Korea, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Kazakhstan, Philippines
(3)The tour groups (2 persons or more) of ASEAN countries are organized and received by the travel agency whose qualification has been approved by the competent tourism department of Guilin City, Guangxi Province, and enter and leave the country as a whole from Guilin Airport Port, and can stay in Guilin Administrative Region for no more than 6 days without a visa.
5. For holders of valid APEC business travel cards, APEC business travel cards are equivalent to multiple visas for five years. Cardholders can enter China for multiple times with their travel cards and valid passports consistent with the cards within the validity period of the travel cards, with a maximum stay of no more than 2 months each time.
6. Holders of valid residence permit for foreigners in China.
7. Holders of valid permanent residence permits for foreigners in People’s Republic of China (PRC).
Visa-free entry does not mean permanent stay or residence in China. It should be noted that the above-mentioned visa-free visitors to China are required to complete the corresponding visas (Z, X1, Q1, S1, D and J1) and residence permit before going to China for work, study, family reunion, long-term visiting relatives, settlement and other reasons, as well as permanent reporters in China.

Contact US

  • Call us: (+86) 186 6503 0152
  • Room 1713 Wuyangxincheng Square, No. 111-115, Siyouxin Road, Yuexiu District, GZ, China