Is it possible for foreign nationals to work in China with a cluster visa?

Can foreign nationals work in China with a reunion visa?
The answer is no, foreigners must apply for a work visa in order to work in China legally.
Today, let’s learn about the conditions that foreigners need to meet when working legally in China.
Conditions for applying for a work visa
At least 18 years old and in good health
No criminal record
Have an employer in China
Have the necessary professional skills and corresponding work experience
Meet one of the conditions of the ABC category of Foreign Talent classification
Foreign high-end talents (category A):
Foreign high-end talents refer to those scientists, leading scientific and technological talents, international entrepreneurs, specialized and special talents who meet the requirements of “advanced, sophisticated and outstanding” and market demand-oriented, and are required by China’s economic and social development, as well as those who meet the standards of foreign high-end talents. Top foreign talent is not limited by age, education or work experience.
Foreign professional talents(Category B):
Foreign professional talents refer to those who meet the guidance catalog and job requirements for foreigners coming to China and are urgently needed for economic and social development. They have a bachelor’s degree or above and 2 years or more of relevant work experience, and are not more than 60 years old; For those who truly need to meet the standards of innovation and entrepreneurship talents, professional skills talents, outstanding foreign graduates, foreign professional talents who meet the point scoring criteria, and those who implement intergovernmental agreements or agreements, restrictions such as age, education, or work experience may be appropriately relaxed.
Other Foreign personnel (Category C)
Other foreign personnel refers to other foreign personnel who meet the needs of the domestic labor market and comply with the provisions of national policies.
As long as the above conditions are met, foreigners can apply for a work permit and a work-type residence permit. Foreigners who do not have a work permit and a work residence permit are not allowed to work in China. For foreign spouses in international marriages, they are usually given a reunite residence permit, which cannot be used to work in China.
Dentification and consequences of illegal employment
It should be noted that the definition of illegal employment is not based on the receipt of remuneration. As long as foreigners working in China do not obtain work permits and work-type residence permits in accordance with regulations, it is illegal employment. There are usually three common conditions:
Overseas personnel working in China who have not obtained work permits and work-type residence permits in accordance with regulations.
Work in China beyond the limits of the work permit.
The work certificate application unit does not match the actual work unit, etc.
For those who work illegally, the consequences are generally fines, detention and, in some cases, deportation. Those who introduce foreigners to illegal employment will face fines, and the units will be held legally responsible. Illegal workers risk fines and confiscation of their illegal gains. Even foreign spouses of Chinese citizens who want to work legally in China need to strictly abide by relevant laws and regulations.

Contact US

  • Call us: (+86) 186 6503 0152
  • Room 1713 Wuyangxincheng Square, No. 111-115, Siyouxin Road, Yuexiu District, GZ, China