How long in advance can an extension of a foreigner’s residence permit be processed?

Foreigners can generally apply for an extension of their residence permit 30 days in advance to the entry and exit management agency of the public security organs.

For example, if the validity period of a residence permit expires on August 10th, an extension can be applied for starting from July 11th. However, the specific lead time may vary depending on regional policies and actual situations. It is recommended to consult the local public security exit and entry management department in advance to ensure that the extension procedures can be completed on time and smoothly.

Contact US

  • Call us: (+86) 186 6503 0152
  • Room 1713 Wuyangxincheng Square, No. 111-115, Siyouxin Road, Yuexiu District, GZ, China